Partnership goals for the year ahead:
* Provide education for physicians regarding the Initiative to improve dementia care and reduce the use of unnecessary antipsychotic medications. Dr. Jabbar Fazeli, fellowship trained and board certified in geriatric medicine will be a presenter.
* Network with hospitals and primary care practices to establish outreach to physicians across the health care continuum.
* Raise awareness of the value of life stories, explore various models and identify effective approaches for direct caregivers to incorporate life stories to promote individualized care.
* Develop a proposal for reinvestment of savings from reduced antipsychotic medication use to benefit nursing homes in continued efforts to improve dementia care.
* Continue training for direct care staff.
Maine Culture Change Coalition/LANE, Maine Health Care Association, Maine Long Term Care Ombudsman Program, Northeast Health Care Quality Foundation, American Medical Directors Association/Maine Medical Directors Association, Maine Alzheimer's Association, DHHS Division of Licensing and Regulatory Services, Office of Aging and Disability Services, Continuum Health Services, First AtlanticCorporation, Genesis HealthCare -Sedgewood Commons, Greenwood Center, Lakewood, Maine General - Glenridge Living Community, and Gray Birch, Maine Health, Maine Veterans' Homes, Mount St. Joseph, national Health Care Associates - Winship Green, North Country Associates, Rumford Community Home, Varney Crossing, Woodlands Senior Living - Cape Memory Care.
The Partnership commends the outstanding efforts of nursing homes across the state for the commitment to continuously improving quality of care & quality of life for the individuals living in nursing homes.
Brenda Gallant, RN Holly Harmon, RN, MBA
Executive Director President Maine Culture Change
Maine Long -Term Care Ombudsman Program Coalition/LANE
61 Winthrop Street, Augusta, Maine 04330 Director of Quality Improvement & Regulatory Affairs
(207) 621-1079 firstname.lastname@example.org Maine Health Care Association
317 State Street, Augusta, Maine 04330
(207) 623-1146 email@example.com